Hindi ko talaga matiis basta nakakakita ako ng low maintenance #PurplePlants
(kebs kung may lason ka pa) kaya Sabi ko sa sarili ko habang naka-ngiting pumipitas ng #BangkaBangkaan
sa may kalsada tapat ng DSWD Alabang - "Tingnan ninyo ako hanggang gusto ninyo mag-uuwi ako nito. Wala naman nag-aalaga. Ako, willing!"
• Decongestant, expectorant, blood refrigerant, antidysenteric.
• Reported anti-inflammatory, anticancer, insecticidal, antimicrobial, antifertility properties.
• Studies have suggest antioxidant, antibacterial, antimutagenic, antigenotoxic, antitumor properties.
Collect the whole year round. Sun-dry.
• Leaves and flowers reportedly used in making tea. (17) (18)
• Decoction of dried or fresh leaves used for cough, colds, hemoptysis, whooping cough, nose bleed.
• Bacillary dysentery, blood in the stool.
• Used for lymphatic tuberculosis.
• In Singapore, sold in markets as both ornamental and medicinal: Boiled in water, it is believed to have cooling properties. • In Thai medicine, used for fever, cough and bronchitis. • In Cuba, frictions and cataplasms used to treat wounds. In the Caribbean, poultice of leaves used for asthma. (11) • In Puerto Rico, decoction of leaves used in the treatment of psoriasis. (15)
• In Mexican traditional medicine, leaves used for the treatment of "nervios." (20) Used for the treatment of superficial mycoses.
The plant sap is considered poisonous. Contact may cause stinging and itching of the skin and eyes. Ingestion may cause irritation of the lips, mouth, throat and abdominal pain..."
#iLOVEplants #plantsofinstagram #Plants #PurpleAndGreen #PurpleAndGreenPlant